Monday, May 24, 2010

I-RRI-TA-TING

I swear to God, I am REALLY starting to run out of patience! I have just finished pushing.....yes PUSHING my vehicle up to a pump at the gas station because I have run out of gas. Now one might say "well why didn't you put gas in your tank before it got to where you ran out?" Well screw you, I DID go get gas....$20 even. The thing with gas though is that you have to put it in the tank in order for it to be of any effect....and in my infinite wisdom I drove off without actually pumping any gas. I was preoccupied with the past few hour's stupid events combined with the ones from earlier in the day and upon arriving to the pump and finding the keypad out of service, I grumbling made my way to the cashier to prepay(who even does that anymore). Its fortunate that I made another stop at the Walmart by Cagan Crossing before I drove back home otherwise I'd have been stuck on 27 in the dark with no gas.
Here's another point of interest....Why the heck was I near Cagan Crossing? Heh here's the simple version. I was out looking for a Gamestop(we'll get to why in a second) and I wasn't completely sure there were any nearby but I figured there must be one near my Target or before I got near 27.....there's not. Furthermore, when I searched my GPS for one nearby and it said there was one just 2 miles further down, it didn't mention that the Gamestop it was directing me to was in fact a dark, empty piece of undeveloped land.....I still don't understand how that even makes sense. After that I called one of the other Gamestops on 192 and spoke to some idiot who asked me what a Cagan was and told me he had no clue where 27 was located....then he said "well if you just go to our website, you can type in your zip code and find a nearby location blah blah blah" .....useless.
Back to why I was going in the first place...for some lame reason I decided today that I would get things done(and I did, in quite a few areas), so I decided to better allocate my computer resources by moving a few larger, non-crucial programs from my main hardrive to the secondary hardrive, which would theorhetically free up some space and speed and allow for better multitasking. Well unbeknownst to me, you can't just simply cut and paste certain programs if you have them layered with other applications across drives.....like anyone is supposed to have that kind of foresight, UGH! So all of a sudden, my video game won't work at all and long story short, NOTHING will change that shy of a re install from the original discs.....which are located about an hour away at my parent's house. So I begin at least downloading an update for the software that holds the program I've lost. It informs me its going to take an hour, which gives me more time to feel annoyed. I took a break and left the house(which ended up being an even bigger waste of time) while I decided whether I wanted to really drive all the way home to just to get my originals. I decided that I would just buy the stupid thing again since its now being packaged for less than I paid for a single of it's expansions(don't even get me started on that) and not waste the literal 16 hours it would take to purchase and digitally download it from an online store(curse Roadrunner Lite....stupidness). At this point it was approaching 8:30pm and I had less than 30 mins to get to a video game store....which is why I just picked a direction to drive in, which brings us back to what I was doing that caused me to ultimately run out of gas and be pushing my car around like a loser.
So now I'm at Target(unsurprisingly, they don't have it either...just like Walmart didn't) trying really hard not to throw things and punch this little kid in front of me who insists on mouthing off to his mother because she won't let him push the cart. I really just can't understand how I have managed to waste almost 12 hours and have nothing to show for it but a headache and a heap of freaking IRRITATION!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment