Saturday, February 13, 2010

The best laid plans...

What's that old saying? Something about the best laid plans not working out or being ripe for failure or whatnot. Whatever it is, I'm getting just a little bit tired of it continuously proving true....and wouldn't yu know it, its on Saturday....the worst possible day to have off, in my opinion.
This was the plan:

Get up
Sort laundry
Set up the grill and rice cooker
Clean my room while 1st load washes and food is cooking
Eat while checking online things
Dry 1st load/wash 2nd load while cleaning kitchen
Check the mailbox for my packages
Leave the house by noon(1:15 max)
Go to the parents' house to check in, write checks, and visit
Grab remaining books from home and buy new toothbrush
Arrive back home by 4pm(5pm max)
Confirm movie showtimes and food venues
Commence evening plans
Write a nice blog about how nicely today went

NOPE

The plan, which was unknowingly doomed to epic failure, was revised even before its opening sequence. The newer version displaced articles 8-11 and moved the evening timeline into the daytime(to accommodate others). Article 14 would then be subject to general overall outcome.

STILL NOPE

I woke up with a nice big migraine and had to mentally push back the timeline an hour or so to accomodate the elapsed time for pain relief.  Of course this is how the newest revision is going:

Get up
Drug myself and roll over
Get up
Decide which things to omit from the task list
Sit in bed freezing and wonder what happened to the plan
Become irate
Worry about people
Visit with parents via telephone
Forget to eat
Proceed to not sort laundry
Retrieve mail from mailbox
Become significantly more irate
Write a very stern email to the seller who sent me this inaccurate, awful, unmatching book
Leave him specific negative feedback
Wonder why the gift is taking so long to arrive
Discover that the gift I bought might not actually be coming
Discover that the entire transaction was somehow deleted
File a claim and dispute with Ebay
Try and diffuse the misunderstanding between my aunt and the photopass guy on facebook
Sit and think about how annoying this all is
Revisit with the migraine
Realize I haven't eaten and its now 4:15 in the freakin afternoon
Write a blog about it while I try and simmer down

That's where I'm at right now

.....I have nothing done, my head hurts, I'm still feezing, malnurished, and cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment