Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Date Night

Tonight I saw probably one of the best movies I've seen recently. Though I didn't expect it to be so great, I'm glad that it was. There were just a lot of things in it that I identified with(theorhetically) and found to be smart and agreeable. It coincided with a few of the half-finished thought I had previously about marriage, including the concept of snapping out of complacency and doing something completely unexpected and meaningful to remind her that there's still something there between the two of you(I probably didnt express that concept previously, but I was really tired and fell asleep and was unable to remember what points I wanted to make when I finally got around to uploading). In any case, I liked it well enough that I plan to purchase it when it arrives on DVD....and that's a pretty big deal considering my owned movie collection is meager at best. It was nice to see a marriage function in an efficient and ultimately self-improving fashion, especially since pretty much every other show and movie paints marriage in such a crappy light that we all wonder why gay people are fighting so hard to have the option....why not just be really unhappy without the legal title? That was a little unfiltered, sorry, but I'm just really tired of the picture that society paints where most marriages fail and generally include infidelity, bitterness, lying, selfishness, and spite. I just don't see how portraying all of that ALL the time is going to encourage anyone to be different than the quote-unquote status quo. Its like my thoughts on watching Jerry Springer....I mean do we really need to be reminded daily what people are capable of? Why can't there be more examples of the good things? the highlights of hope that I want for my own future.......ah who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment