Monday, April 12, 2010

Its quiet outside....but only sort of. There are a good selection of things that make noise at 4am: air conditioning units, dogs, cars, sprinklers, clocks, buildings, trees....

I know this because I can hear it

....because I'm awake

Sleep escapes me tonight as it has escaped me for the past 4 nights. I would have thought that by now I should be continuously exhausted enough that it should just come upon me and drown out even the sounds of my roommate getting up across the hallway. It has not.......somehow I've been just getting by on the bare minimum and I'm certain that cannot be very healthy.  When you can't sleep for a few evenings in a row, you tend to give yourself more options than you would normally allow because well....ya start to give up on getting any rest at all. That being said, I have read an entire novel this evening....cover to cover, put down 3 bags of popcorn, and virtually built a few computers at an online store.  That really isn't so typical....I just am getting tired of not sleeping so I figure I might as well do something to leave off on the normal sleepless activity: Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment