Saturday, March 13, 2010

"L"

So here's the thing.......
I dropped the "L" bomb....
I dropped it and you didn't even soften....
You reluctantly said it back with an air of "ok ok can we just get this over with?"
.......
......
.......really?
I feel like you must know just how much that is not part of my everyday vocabulary, so it raises the thought, do you just not care? What, is this not a convenient time for you? Want me to come back on another occasion to end the pride silence contest?
....yeeeeeah probably not.
I think I just might reign it back in.
Perhaps it is best to save the energy it would take to salvage things.
Clearly I am the only one even concerned about it....
because you're stone.....
and if you are really willing to be ok with that....to survive like that
then I guess I have to be ok with that too,
because frankly, there's not a damn thing I or anyone else can do to help
...if you won't soften.
Its fact and I know it to be so
.....because that's exactly who I used to be.
I hardened myself almost completely to everything and everyone around me
I built walls so that nothing could touch me
or hurt me
or make me cry.
But the thing is...when you shut all that out,
you also shut out everything good right along with it
and that's something you, yourself have to realize...
because no matter what else is said or done,
you're the only one
who can take down those walls
and soften
.....for my
"L"

No comments:

Post a Comment