Thursday, December 10, 2009

Take A Crappy

Take a moment...clear your head...
Imagine the worst possible morning full of everything crappy that could go wrong

...now delete that
Now imagine the same concept again but this time substitute all the crappy things for abstract but equally crappy, crappy things that you hadn't thought to think of before
And then add some light crap in the afternoon and maybe a reprimand.
Well now that you've just recapped my day in your head, I don't have to tell you how it went.

Just for example sake, I will at least tell you of one of the things from today that was particularly awful. It was item number two in the chronological sense. I was laying in bed thinking and it occured to me that I should send my friend, who was getting married this Saturday, a text. We have know each other for years and she is a good friend even though I've not seen her terribly often in the last year. We still keep in touch, though and so I was only too delighted to be invited to her wedding. She sent the invitation much earlier in the year and as such I had to remind myself a few times that it was happening so I could request the day off from work. The time came to request, but I missed the cutoff but wasn't hugely worried because I would either have the friday or the saturday off naturally and could potentially swap shifts with someone if it didn't line up the way I wanted. Anyhow of course when the schedule dropped last week I was scheduled on the Saturday. No worries though, I have since found someone to swap with and its going to work out fine. I even grabbed one of my nice double breasted suits when I stopped at home-home this past Monday. Back to this text though. I reached for my phone this morning and typed out "Hey hey hey, 3 more days!" just to reaffirm that I had not forgotten and would be there with bells on. I can imagine she's excited or nervous or whatever girls are when they are soon to be wed. I even thought to myself "heh that even rhymes" ...I'm so funny.

Anyhow, I set my phone down and all of a sudden cant remember what time the wedding is. Where did I put the invitation? Ah yes here it is right under my laptop. My smug grin abruptly turned to horror when I read the card closely and found that the wedding had taken place this past Saturday and I had pulled a total No Call No Show.  They've been married for like 5 days now and I feel like a total loser....total.  Who does that?! who gets the date wrong to a wedding and then requests time off for that wrong date and sends a clearly hilarious confirmation text which really should be be a "omg omg I'm soo sorry. I can't believe I missed your wedding" text....which is what I sent right after.  They won't, of course, get those texts until after they return from the honeymoon but that justs means I'll get to relive the utter embarassment yet again in another week.  So glad I wasn't bringing a date with me as that would be even more awful to explain when I realized.
Good thing I have Saturday off now so I can do....nothing?

(yes I realize that that was a crappy ending, but you're just gonna have to deal with that...cause really you don't have any other options)

1 comment:

  1. i am sorry that your day was crappy hun:( it does suck when it feels like your day couldnt get any better. but tomorrow is a new day,. and the wedding thing..well it happens. at least your heart was in the right place. i am sure once she gets your message she will just laugh it off and not think anything of it. and then she will harass you for a little bit until you laugh at yourself. so no stress. i have a fever and i have to miss out on work. ugh! hope you take care:)

    ReplyDelete