Sunday, November 8, 2009

1M



You know how they say money doesn't buy happiness? It is the root of all evil and it creates more problems the more of it you have. Screw that. I'm pretty sure about 90% of my problems would be solved with a big fat check. Not really because I think money is just so awesome, but because I don't like worrying about monetary things and I want to just make people happy. A lot of it would be sent on just fixing things for others and myself.

Paying off the debts of my parents and moving them to a newer house.
Paying off my sister's debts and giving her a nice bit of money to move to New York
(she's always wanted to Ive up there....cant imagine why)
Getting Casey a car and a very nice Mac.
Providing Lindsey with enough plane tickets to come visit whenever she wanted.

A nice piece would go into various savings, money market, and stock portfolios because who wants to have money now and then be broke later.
Then I would probably rent out Chipotle for an evening and buy everyone dinner and perhaps take Evelyn on a quick trip to.....well the details are a little blurry, but there should be a beach and great food and a personal concierge there.

I wouldn't quit my job, but I would certainly drop status because even though I want to still work(if nothing else for the cardio and free happiness), I just don't see myself working 6 days a week when I'm loaded.

Of course I'd settle all my own debts, get a bunch of jeans from The Buckle, and purchase an assortment of wish list electronics.....but I feel like all that would just be a perk to all the fun things I could do for other people. I also feel like just 1 million dollars would be enough to cover that. believe me, I've spent many an hour-long drive to work thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment