Thursday, November 26, 2009

blah blah Turkey


Blah blah blah blah I'm gonna write about what I'm thankful for.

First off I'm thankful to be alive. There are a lot of people out there that are not alive, and by the grace of God, I am not one of them.
Of course there is being physically alive and then there is the other kind of alive...which we will call Alive (note the capital "A"). That distinction is where you aren't just living life, but absorbing and enjoying everything it has to offer. Celebrating every joy and every sorrow as a gift and a treasure.....really living, ya know?

These are in no specific order by the way.

I'm thankful for my experiences. Without the things I've gone through, both good and bad, I'd never have made it here and never have realized how much farther I still have to go. There are two experiences that I won't be thankful for, but everything has its purpose after all.

I'm thankful for Block party Bash. There is not anything else on property that I enjoy doing as often...mostly because its fun, its fast, and I'm not perfect at it. When you've mastered something it becomes much easier to place it on autopilot. Since there are still things I can do better or at the very least with better consistency, I still feel like tons more time can be spent doing that parade with the same amount of joy as when I first learned it.

I'm thankful for my best friend. There is not a single person on planet earth that knows as much about me as he does. Its hard for me to really open up to anyone(though I'm great at telling people lots of nothing) and though its not always been easy, I can say with certainty that it has been worth it. He's a true friend and a loyal confident and I don't know what I'd do without him.
....correction, I'd probably have gone insane several times over by now if he'd not been there. On the same token I'd do anything for him too...even beat up waves of hired assassins with my bare hands if that were suddenly necessary(if you don't know that to be true, I'm gonna just let them assas you).

Last but not least(per the above disclaimer), I am thankful that things are rarely ever set in stone. We all make mistakes and though some of them we cannot take back, many of them can be salvaged and perhaps turned into something good.....redemption I guess. I have personally done a lot of screwing up, but I can also proudly say that I have and will continue to try and work things out towards a positive result.
Now pass the yams.

2 comments:

  1. You're a better writer than me and even though I am sure you already came to that conclusion yourself, it's always nice to get confirmation on something. So yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wholly untrue and I wouldn't even do a script comparison for fear mine would spontaneously combust from just proximity to yours. Its like if I were to say that I had more strength than you...clearly that is not the case seeing as how I can't even toss Oh-Colleen into the air with two decent tries. No, you're simply just going to have to take that back

    ReplyDelete