Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hope


An interesting evening I did have. I've recapped it slightly and came to the familiar conclusion that we are capable of modifying our own realities on so many levels, to what we wish to perceive.

...maybe that sounded too stuck up....what I mean to say is: you can make your own glass half full.

So many stories, fiction and non, have taught us that the human spirit is near impossible to crush and I wonder some times if there is more to that than just the simple head nod we give it. What if we could apply it to everything around us? I suppose some of us do that naturally while others run the opposite direction, but can you imagine what a difference it would make? Adjusting and adapting life's variables to fit into a constant positive outlook is tedious, yes, but wouldn't it be worth it to be happy?

Several things this evening weren't perfect....a headache...cold chipotle....a sub par movie...lack of funds...
I was still happy about it because frankly I missed my friend and nothing was going to stand in the way of us hanging out. I thought to myself that it was funny that even though not all the pieces lined up easily, as long as the main idea was intact, it still worked out fine.

What if through every trial...every unpleasant situation, we could all somehow just find the positive main idea and let that shining thing dull out all the other things that aren't so wonderful. Would it be so bad to simply refuse to see it as a setback and instead see it as just something to climb over? I realize I'm not discovering a new concept here but sometimes we forget what we're really capable of. Sometimes its just nice to remember that even though bad things happen, we have it within ourselves to find the good in it...and to hold that good high in the air and shout "This is my joy...and it cannot be taken from me!"

I feel like that is not only optimism or perseverance........but also it is hope

No comments:

Post a Comment