Thursday, January 21, 2010

Options

Life is not without its options, and for that I am truly glad.  Now granted sometimes those options are not easy to see or even very good, but at least they're available at all, no?

Take for example free time...
Do I play a video game on my PSP or maybe read the second novel in the Percy Jackson series?  Perhaps I might make a hemp necklace or text my friends?  Build that shelf thats been sitting in the corner of my room? clean the bathroom? Wash my car?

I feel like thats all well and good...self explanitory even, but what about those times when we are in trouble and don't even feel like there is even a hope of relief?

Take for example being kidnapped by terrorists....
Do I feign sickness and try and make a break for it when someone opens my cell?  Maybe it would be best just to let them kill me off rather than give them any information or help in their evil schemes.  Maybe they might let me join their little rif raf if I play nice....would that be a decent option? What if no one wants to pay for my release...is there like...some dishes I can wash or something? perhaps cut the lawn a few hundred times? Do terrorists even have lawns?

The point is, there's always options and that is what breaks up the big things into smaller, more digestible morsels for our minds to wrap around.  I mean, really, who wants to just tackle all those huge issues like pension planning or free time or terrorists when you can just choose the smaller options like which mutual funds...or which angle you want the ransom video taken from...

No comments:

Post a Comment