Sunday, January 10, 2010

what I would like

2009 was almost completely crappy.

I take that back...it was just mostly crappy......well really, who even knows?
I sort of feel like the beginning of it wasn't soo bad(considering...), I mean I got a nice size tax return and was determined to hold on to it as long as possible.  That at least was a success since I didn't even tap into it until August when I moved out again. I feel like for the first half of the year, money went rather well, work was great and I was even doing new things. I finally had a decent vehicle, I was getting significantly more toned physique-wise, and I was laying solid foundations in my interpersonal relationships.  So what went wrong? I don't really know the answer to that one but somehow, somewhere, things got all messed up. 
There have been a huge amount of mishaps since right about summer and though, like I said, I'm not exactly sure what the beginning was, I do know that it was pretty much a 180 by December. The details are not soo important as just the concept that it has been a very physically, mentally, and even emotionally draining 6 months. The good part is that its over....2009 is gone and I fully plan to let all of last years issues rest with it. Easier said than done.....

In an effort to at least will myself out of my apparent skepticism, I am going to create(and attach myself to) some things that I'd like to get done this year. This is based on a simillar concept brought to my attention by a good friend.

First off, I would like to save at least half of my tax return(money is tight currently and I feel like keeping all of it isn't really all that feasible) this year. It felt really good to know I had a decent size backup and that, in itself, is completely worth the struggle.

I would also like to work on the beast that is my finances...no details

Next I would like to play and perhaps finish some of those games I have for PS2 that are just sitting there taking up space because I spent soo much time playing that other thing that I don't really play anymore....and now that I have a TV, I'll be able to work on that.

I'd like to keep working  on my skills and abilities and maybe find new ones to hone.

I would like to revise my current electronics situation and perhaps find a more visually appealing yet functionaly ergonomic setup.
I want to keep writing...its been soo helpful to me and it has also made me feel better about all that long lost word knowledge and writing skill that I left on a shelf somewhere during college. It enables me to bust out that collection of $10 and $15 words I've been keeping at bay, in favor of small grunts and wide-mouthed, over-voweled exclaimations that are so prevalent at work.

I really really want to touch my toes this year. Don't laugh! All you super bendy people out there may take for granted that you can do the simplest things...like the V-sit and reach, but some of us are not so lucky. I hate faking it and I would like to eventually kick my face, so I guess I'm going to have to really buckle down to get there.

Finally, I want to do something big this year...something memorable. Something I can look back on and think "ya that was pretty cool"

No comments:

Post a Comment