Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pass "Go" and collect $200

It started out with such gloom....soo much that it can be described as "nothing less than awesome," that it ended up being so flippin fantastic.  He was irate, she was just fine and secretly not soo fine, and I was getting cranky again. We had probably all decided seperately, that tonight was gonna suck. head home and maybe eat something...poke around online for a bit and maybe just try not to think about things and crash early or something.
Nope.

Its funny how the upsetting things in life just dissipate when you're having a good time with friends. I think we all got the "Get out of jail free" card tonight and I am really glad for that.  There was good food(did I mention that I am awesome at cooking?), drinks(compliments of the country of Jamaica), music, How I Met Your Mother, knot loosening(up, up....ya can you get in there?), recollections of prowess competitions, unyielding sarcasm(omg you love circles too?!), hugging, hilarious pictures, and pretentious definition.  I couldn't have asked for a better night...or better people to spend it with.

Part of me is sad during those times, though, because I know how unique the moment is and that it will never again happen like that, but I feel that the memories and the inside jokes and the photographic evidence is well worth any potential unhappiness that might ensue when things finally have to change.  I'm glad to have them and they are glad to have me(or doing a bang up job faking it) and that's more than enough to make any night a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Trilli and I bang up splendidly. (I only put that cause it sounds nice a dirty. Not cause we fake it. Although she fakes it sometimes. Ooooohhhhhh!)

    ReplyDelete